RJE Oceanbotics is a leader in underwater robotic vehicles and accessories which we design and manufacture at our Irvine, CA, company headquarters. With a growing customer base around the world, we are continually being tasked to expand our offering due to our unique and groundbreaking technology.
Innovation and quality are at the core of our DNA. We seek candidates to join our growing and enthusiastic team and participate in a growing small business with excellent opportunity for career advancement.
RJE Oceanbotics is seeking a motivated Test Engineer to join our team. The successful applicant will be involved in all areas where his/her expertise is required including manufacturing, design and quality control. The applicant will directly interact with technical, manufacturing and quality personnel as well as other team members and customers to develop appropriate test procedures, hardware and software. This position will also require reviewing and analyzing specifications as well as preparing technical documentation and drawings.
- Collaborate with engineering team to create and define product specifications, test plans and procedures
- Develop test fixtures, test scripts, etc., in support of test plans and procedures
- Collect and maintain test results
- Collaborate with engineering and production teams to refine production procedures
- Develop, maintain and conduct internal testing procedures and reports
- Maintain all documentation related to products including test procedures and results
- Participate in brainstorming, design reviews, code reviews and continuous improvement processes
- Identify and troubleshoot non-conformances with testing results/procedures
- Visit vendors to validate test procedures and results
- BSEE or BS in Mechanical Engineering or Equivalent Experience
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar position (working with PCBA’s, troubleshooting, root cause analysis, documentation)
- Quick Learner
- Excellent multi-tasking skills
- Good communication skills (oral/written)
- Strong analytical/problem solving/organizational skills
- Experience with through hole and SMT rework using direct and hotair
- Knows how to solder, IPC-J-STD-001 certification preferred
- Wants to grow and learn
- Needs minimal supervision
Benefits – Including but not limited to:
- 401(k) + 401(k) Employer Match
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Innovative — innovative and risk-taking
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating diversity in the workplace.